Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song, as written by an old-timey poet.

Hark, hear this, my tale now
of my life
and how it improved out of great strife.
I will tell you, in four stanzas
as you sit there
of events that led to my crowning
as the Prince of Bel-Air.

The west of Philadelphia
is where I was reared.
Out in the play yard with my good chums,
My mom nowhere near.
Running and playing
and laughing, Oh ho!
Frolicking with a net and ball
near my small home.
When some ruffians came
spoiling for a fight,
said bad words, threw their fists, it wasn't right.
I was drawn into their ways, my mother was scared,
and sent me to live with family I barely knew in Bel-Air.

I waited for the carriage,
and as it drew near
I dreaded starting fresh,
I wanted to stay here.
But if anything, I knew this opportunity was rare,
So aboard the carriage I climbed
and headed for Bel-Air.

We arrived at the manor
shortly after eight.
I tipped the carriage driver, and he continued on his way.
I took in the expanse, approached the door with great care,
Not knowing I would soon be crowned the Prince of Bel-Air.







No comments: